It looks like the transfer date will be May 21. My surrogate will need to get out there by the night of the 18th as my Dr. wants to do a 2nd lining check to make sure it looks good since she's having the original lining check done locally and he's not very trusting of other clinics measurements. She'll return home on the 23rd (after resting a full day and night in the hotel).
Her husband is going to travel out there with her. I wasn't going to go myself since it's not necessary that I be there, but have changed my mind. I decided I'll fly in the night before the transfer and leave the morning after. They do allow one person in the room with the patient during the transfer and my surrogate is fine with my going in. She actually seemed pleased that I'd want to be there. So, I'd really like to just see the embryos reach their destination on the monitor and to be able to speak first hand with my Dr. regarding how everything went. It'd just feel a little strange if the transfer was taking place on the opposite end of the U.S. and I wasn't even there. I'm not sure yet if my husband will travel there with me or not. It kind of depends on what he has going on at work and how expensive airfare is.
I've been feeling a bit of a high today after getting the exact date....the high that comes from knowing there is a transfer on the horizon. In between my imagining how I'll be one of those women who is able to claim miraculous success (and twins even!) after a gazillion failed cycles, I remember to be disgusted with myself. Haven't I been here before....way too many times? Have I learned nothing? The higher I let myself get, the further the fall (repeat to self a hundred times).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment